2020 Hastings Trailblazer Series
Our new Hastings Trailblazer Series celebrates our pioneers who excel in their industries, and who thrive on thinking outside of the box and being innovative. They have community as a deep-rooted value that lends to their success, and being authentic, yet anything but ordinary, is what they strive to achieve. Hastings is proud to be home to so many trailblazers who are strong contributors to our rural economy, be it tourism, agriculture, forestry, manufacturing, retail or services. We thank you for your ambition and perseverance through uncertainty.
- Potter Settlement Winery
- Alice’s Pantry
- Grail Springs Retreat & Spa
- Barn & Country Catering
- 7/62 Craft Brewers
2019 Hastings Trailblazer Award Recipient – Potter Settlement Winery
CONGRATULATIONS to Potter Settlement Winery – the first recipient of the new Hastings Trailblazer Award!
Congratulations to the following nominees recognized:
– Iron Rooster Rotisserie & Grill
– Grails Springs Wellness Retreat
– Isaiah & Co.
– Coe Hill ATV Riders Club
The 2019 HastingsTrailblazer Award was presented at the Wildly Authentic Celebration on Wednesday, October 9th at the Stirling Festival Theatre.
About the Hastings Trailblazer Award
The Hastings Trailblazer Award recognizes the trailblazers of our region and their achievements as strong contributors to our rural economy, be it tourism, agriculture, forestry, manufacturing, retail or services. It is open to all businesses, organizations and individuals who are located and/or operate within Hastings County’s 14 member municipalities (excluding the Cities of Belleville & Quinte West). It celebrates our pioneers who excel in their industries and who thrive on thinking outside of the box, have community as a deep-rooted value that lends to their success, and being authentic, yet anything but ordinary, is what they strive to achieve.
THE NOMINATION PROCESS
- The nomination period is open from July 2nd until August 28th. A nomination form must be submitted in order to be considered, and self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Once the nomination period closes, nominees will be contacted to accept their nomination, and will be required to complete a brief nomination package by September 11th in order to be considered a nominee.
- The Economic & Tourism Development Advisory Committee will judge the nominees and their submissions, and will select a recipient for the award. The top five nominees are notified by September 27th.
- The Hastings Trailblazer Award recipient will be announced at the annual Wildly Authentic Celebration on Wednesday, October 9th at the Stirling Festival Theatre, located downtown in Stirling, ON. The recipient will also receive a Marketing Prize Package valued at $750!
For additional assistance or if you have questions regarding the Hastings Trailblazer Award, please contact Kasey Rogerson at 613.966.1311 x4012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.